Girlschat series 10 || The Strong, Determined And Independent Woman

Hey ladies!

How have you guys been? I for one can tell you that I've been so stressed which is one of the reason I missed last week's #Girlschatseries, but today I'm excited! If you follow me on any of my social media accounts, you would know that today is my Passing Out Parade! You guys wont believe that they stressed us till the very end😝 but all that is in the past now anyway.

Okay enough about me.

It's the 10th #Girlschat ladies! 😱 I sincerely want to thank every one that takes time from their busy schedule to read these posts, thank you for your time, patience, comments (I really love your comments!)
and just for sticking around. God bless you!




Okay after so many weeks of having fun on the series, I decided to add a little "inspiration" to today's post which is why we're talking about who a strong, determined and independent woman is.
We've all heard different stories of how women have been sidelined on different occasions just because they think women are not capable of doing certain things, some of us have even had a personal experience of this kind of thing.
Some women are looked down on because they and this has in turn affected their self esteem and confidence level.

I'm currently reading a book series on wattpad, (silence is golden is the first one, so you can check it out) and it bothers around the various limitations that women faced in the 19th century. Now I'm sure You'll be like that was in the days of old abi? Well that's not what I'm trying to bring out. The heroine in the book is a very radical young lady who would do anything to be seen and considered relevant. She even disguised as a man just so she can vote and get a job, even if it meant getting caught. She was still given the job and that beacame her gateway to becoming the woman she has always dreamed of.


That lady is a very typical example of a strong, determined and independent woman as a matter of fact, she inspired this post. I would have divulged more of the happenings of the book but that will be spoiling, so I won't do that.
Quite a number of us ladies have slipped so easily into that status quo of playing fiddle forgetting that a lot of other women are making waves at the top. Of course there might not be many of them, but with the number of dedicated and hardworking women in our generation, I'm very convinced that it's becoming a woman's world pretty soon.



The strong woman is one that is able to withstand all odds without giving up. When she has her down moments, she restragegises and gets back  up with an energy that is greater than the previous one. The determined woman takes a step out of her comfort zone and takes risks. She is not afraid to go after what she wants. When obstacles come, she learns from it and continues to push forward.
The independent woman focuses on knowing exactly what she wants and getting it. She doesn't waver when it comes to making decisions because she has a mind of her own. She is a boss but not neccessarily bossy. The success of those around her is very paramount to her because she understands the importance of mentorship and team building.



Make no mistake, this is not a post for feminist movement, or whatever even though according to chimamanda, we should all be feminists. Lets just however call it a reminder and wake up call in order for us to remember that we can do whatever we set our minds to. It doesn't matter whether people think its too hard or impossible, the strong, determined and independent woman is ready to go all the way to prove her worth.



Truth is, all these qualities are inherent in most of us if not all. We only need to look really deeply, find this woman and unleash her without allowing the society to dictate to us who or what we should be.

That's it from me ladies, I hope you enjoyed this different piece? Don't worry the fun continues soon but I do hope you can take some minutes to really understand the importance of this post especially to us women.
Don't forget that if you have any questions or anything you want us to talk about, you can leave a comment or send an email to aadeoti87@yahoo.com.

Over to You...

Have you ever been sidelined just because you're perceived as weak? How did you handle it? Do you agree that we are all strong, determined and independent or is it just something we all claim to be? I would love to know your thoughts.

P.s- As you know, this is a collaboration series between my friend Danie and I, so let's go to her blog and see what wonder she has conured today.

P.P.S- you can follow @sdiwoman on instagram, thank me later!😊

Comments

  1. Girla are unique in every aspect.. I loved every quote you posted.
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC?
    Please let me know on my blog and I will follow back as soon as possible!

    Glowyshoes's blog

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we indeed areπŸ’ͺ thanks for stopping by dear😚😚

      Delete

Post a Comment

lizbelle94@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

IF THE WORLD WAS DIFFERENT || THE REVIEW

GirlsChat Series 5 || Girlfriend Vs Wife Duties

TMI TAG (TOO MUCH INFORMATION) 50 QUESTIONS