Our Own Dear Native Land

Hey Guys!

Happy New Month and Happy Independence day to all Nigerians home and abroad! Can you believe it's the 10th month already 😲? God had been really good to us.



I'm so sorry for being MIA these past few days, it's the final week of NYSC so I have been a tad bit busy,  actaully my Passing Out Parade is in a few days and I'm so excited to go home. So for all my ladies that waited for #Girlschatseries as well #Mondayinspiration, I apologise πŸ™ I'll do better.

So #Nigeriaat56 ayye? I'm sure there are tons of articles that will be written about what we haven't achieved in all these years especially in the Last year since the change era. What we fail to realize sometimes is that we need to be grateful for how far we have come too instead of sitting down and brooding over how far we still need to go.

During this period of my service year, I have heard and been around enough negativity about Nigeria to last me for a lifetime. People come to work and immediately start talking about how this "change" has become "chains" , how the President needs to rest (if you know what I mean) , and all that grumbling, and this has been the case since January. At the expense of not sounding unrealistic, I understand fully well that things are not how they used to be. But do you know that amidst all of these casting down, there are a whole lot of people that are saying there's a lifting up? I am one of them and I'm sure you are too.
I don't know about you but 2016 has been my best year yet and the good thing is that it's not even over yet, which means that there's still a lot of goodies to be enjoyed.
People always say where there is life, there's hope. This is one statement that I hold dearly because it has so much truth in it. Someone tweeted yesterday that "recession recession, but God still keeps providing for his own." I had no choice but to retweet.

We sit down and complain from morning till night about how terrible the economy is but we're still enjoying the grace of being alive, eating 3 times daily, not spending money on hospital bills, wearing the best clothes, etc forgetting that there are people who cannot even afford a day's meal, people who are out there begging and wearing tattered clothes, some of them are
stuck in the hospital because they can't pay the bills. Now what do you reckon that these people should do?




As we celebrate independence today, I just want us to look back and be grateful for how far we have come and say a word of prayer concerning where God is taking us to. It is not enough to just celebrate the name, we also need to celebrate the essence and purpose of being truly independent and that can only happen when refrain from tearing ourselves down. Nigeria is a nation after God's heart and so we are still very much in his agenda.
Hang in there and be hopeful.
God bless You!
God bless Nigeria!

Mide♡

Comments

  1. God bless Nigeria,
    God bless Ekiti State,
    God bless Ade-Mide for putting this together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading wande😊😊

      Delete
  2. God bkess Family
    God bless Nigeria ��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

lizbelle94@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

IF THE WORLD WAS DIFFERENT || THE REVIEW

GirlsChat Series 5 || Girlfriend Vs Wife Duties

TMI TAG (TOO MUCH INFORMATION) 50 QUESTIONS