#mondayinspiration || 7 LIFE LESSONS FROM #GIRLBOSS + STYLE!

I was actually thinking of putting up this post next week monday because I didn't think I was strong enough to post at all throughout this week, but here we are by God's grace! I'm currently recovering from another extraction- yes guys, I had another one, and apparently this time I had what is known as 'pericoronitis'. I'd spare you the full details, but just know that the aftermath involves a swollen mouth, painful swallowing, soggy meals and all round discomfort! I'm getting better now though, how was your weekend?



For a very long time now, I've been looking to read the book 'GirlBoss' by Sophia Amoruso to no avail, and I heard it's an amazing book which only made me more desperate. So imagine my joy when one of my blogger sweethearts Laitan, tweeted that she was currently reading it. You best believe I wasted no time in asking and she sent it to me, such a darling!




Now, today's post is in two folds; inspiration and a little bit of style as you might have noticed, just to spice things up for your reading pleasure! I'm awesome, I know😏

Okay! Let me just put this out there that 'Girlboss' is a must-read, not because I want to start advocating for feminism, nah but because everyone needs that little push every now and then regardless of your gender to desire more out of life- this book will do that you, plus who doesn't love a book that's sassy, educative and entertaining?

Unto the life lessons!

1) Abandon anything about your life and habits that might be holding you back, learn to create your own opportunities. Yass drop 'em like a hot potato! Whatever or whoever they might be, don't let them hold you back.

2) When you suck at something, and don't want it anyway, cut your losses and move on. In otherwords, figure out what you love doing, then try to make a living out of it. Don't waste your time and energy in the wrong place, You might end up just regretting.

3) You don't get what you don't ask for. I mean, the worst that'll happen is 'no'. Even then, there are secret opportunities inside every disappointment or failure. The universe cannot read your mind, only God can and even he said in John 16:24b "ask, and ye may receive, that your joy may be full" so what's your excuse?

4) Focus on visualizing what you want instead of getting distracted by what you don't want. As millenials, a whole lot of things have been put in place that if we're not careful, we can easily get carried away. Focus!

5) Don't worry too much about what other people think about you. The earlier in your life that you can learn that, the easier the rest of it will be.

6) Embrace all the things that make you  different. Be your own kind of beautiful, don't try to change for nobody. Your self confidence will make way for you in ways that you don't even expect, so thrive in your own individuality.

7) Learn how to manage your money. Stay on top of your bill, remember we said that a smart money woman does not wait for financial surprises  she saves up for emergency funds. Don't spend more money than you have. Don't act like you have arrived when you are only just receiving the invitation.

The lessons are obviously wayyyy more than these but let me just stop here. I'm sure you've been able to learn a few things and if you want the book, I can send it to you, just leave a comment below with your email address.


Unto the style post!

The moment I saw this white top, I knew it belonged in my wardrobe, which is why I got It! You guys remember Fikayo? My very first style personality? Yeah she launched her clothing line and I got this top from her, at a very affordable price and I'm not even kidding! You better go and get yours, and say I sent you!πŸ˜‰ When I see this top, I see class, confidence and beauty. Remember in this post when I talked about certain outfits making me feel confident, yup! That's exactly how this top makes me feel, like a #GIRLBOSS.




After rummaging through my wardrobe, I saw so many ways that I could have styled this top, but I decided to settle for two ways; with the print skirt and the pallazo  (which is my sisters' by the way, you people should help me beg her to dash me).





The leopard print skirt is one I love so much because of the way it fits, and I've had it for about 2-3 years now, thank God for using my friend Zainab to bless me with it!😊
I've always believed that prints and red have a special connection, they can never go wrong with each other. Which is why I decided to pair the outfit with my red courts which was also a gift from a special someone at the time, and voilΓ ! TrΓ©s chic! I love how the whole look came out.







The other way is with the pallazo pants. I actually didn't plan this one, but as soon as I put my legs into those pants, I knew it was meant to be! So I decided to pair it with my white courts which I wore here
I think it came out pretty well, if I do say so myselfπŸ’









All these would probably not have been possible without my amiable friend and photographer Samuel Sowunmi (@samuelsowunmiph), even though I almost killed him before and during the shoot πŸ˜‚ 
You know I always say that:
blogger × photographer = magic

He did a wonderful job! We did this shoot at city park in wuse 2 here in Abuja, which is a really beautiful place I might add. He was in town for a few days and I maximised my opportunity (don't worry he owed me!) .
Major shout out to my sister who followed me and was helping me while I was changing😝 you people that do this on a regular, I clap for youπŸ‘πŸ‘

Anyway, I think it all worked out well in the end.

Outfit Details
Top: @fikkys_fashion_world
Red courts: Bohoo
White Courts: Payporte
Sunglasses: @Haute.signatures
Pallazo: My sister's wardrobe
Skirt: A gift from a friend


There you have it guys!

Over to You...

Have you read GIRLBOSS? What did you learn from it? Would you like more posts like this? Which look is your favourite? I would love to know your thoughts.

Have an amazing week ahead!

Mide♡






Comments

  1. You described the book too accurately - Sassy, Entertaining and Educative. Especially Sassy lol. I enjoyed that book and lessons 2 and 6 really resonate well with me.
    See you looking like a bag of money 😍. I'm just here eyeing the shoes but I know I can't get them because long feet problems but I don't mind the sunglasses tho πŸ˜‚ . I don't know which styling I prefer. Both did it for me. Amen to more posts like this. xx
    www.laitanbee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby Girl, see I will be forever grateful to you for sending me that book, I love it! Don't worry whenever you're in Abuja, I will personally package the glasses for you πŸ˜†
      Thanks for stopping by boo, I'll see what i can do regarding more posts like this, its not easy😝😝❤

      Delete
  2. Girl, yasss.

    Firstly, love the blog name. Secondly, the second look is KILLER.

    I've been wanting to read the Girl Boss book too but kept procrastinating. Love your lessons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks love. I got tired of the old theme, I figured I'd switch it up a little, thanks for the love hun❤ I could send you the book if you want though

      Delete

Post a Comment

lizbelle94@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

IF THE WORLD WAS DIFFERENT || THE REVIEW

GirlsChat Series 5 || Girlfriend Vs Wife Duties

TMI TAG (TOO MUCH INFORMATION) 50 QUESTIONS